The Website of the Bolton Sexual Health Network
The Bolton Sexual Health website has been developed and is managed by the Bolton Sexual Health Network. The Network comprises a number of agencies which provide sexual health services to the population of Bolton and was established in June 2004 for the purpose of developing coordinated sexual health services across Bolton as well as promoting sexual health generally. The Network launched the Bolton Sexual Health Strategy and Action Plan in 2004 which sets out the direction of travel for delivering change and improvement in the sexual health and well being of people living in Bolton. It details the range of sexual health services already being provided throughout the borough; recognises gaps in current service provision and identifies key issues for action that must be tackled if the increasing trend in Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI's) is to be reversed. This sexual health website has two distinct areas:
For members of the public to access information on the following:
- Sexuallly Transmitted Infections (STIs) and HIV/AIDS including how they are passed on, symptoms and treatment
- Details of Sexual Health Services in Bolton
- Information on national and local organisations providing support and information around sexual health including links to useful websites
- Services and sources of sexual health information for young people
For practitioners from a wide range of settings including general practice, hospital and community-based clinics, pharmacies, voluntary and independent sector organisations providing an opportunity for the range of sexual health services within Bolton to share the following information relating to sexual health:
- News of recent publications and forthcoming events relating to sexual health nationally, regionally and locally including conferences and seminars
- Details of sexual health services and sexual health promotion provided by agencies in Bolton
- Sexual health resources including leaflets, books and teaching packs available from Bolton Health Library Service and how to access them
- Sexual health training provided locally and nationally to practitioners
- Sexual health related documents, including the national and local sexual health strategies and links to other sexual health websites
There are general pages for both members of the public and practitioners with details of how to contact us and provide feedback. The sexual health network welcomes ideas from practitioners and members of the public to add new pages to cover sexual health related information that does not fit within existing pages. We want the site to be interactive and have included a page for feedback, comments and ideas.
You can also register to receive an email copy of the Bolton Sexual Health Network newsletter which will be produced quarterly. The newsletter will update you on news, information and developments from the Bolton Sexual Health Network with regular updates on training, resources, services and events relating to sexual health. To register please type your email address in the appropriate box at the top right hand side of this page. If you wish to receive a paper copy of the newsletter please email your name, address and contact number to [email protected] or telephone 01204 332123.
Bolton Sexual Health Network tries to ensure that information contained in these pages is accurate and up to date. However, before acting on any matter you are advised to check the accuracy of the information. No liability whatsoever is accepted for any damages arising from reliance upon information contained in these pages or any other information accessed via this site.
Bolton Sexual Health Network is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any linked website and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over availability of linked pages.